Saturday, September 25, 2010

Presenting...

Last weekend our school hosted the bi-annual Curriculum day for American schools. It was a two day event of workshops and lectures having to do with best practices and pedagogy. American schools from around Colombia came.

My coworker and I had an hour and half workshop. We were the only primary teachers from our school hosting a workshop. The workshop was about a style of teaching second language learners language art skills in social studies and science. My coworker Kelsi informally trained me last year and I found the approach so useful that I convinced her we had to present.

In the end it was a huge success. We had 30 attendees and we got tons of positive feed back. Our principal even asked us to do a in house workshop.

I have to say that I was dreading these two curriculum days. Mostly because we had to come to school on a Saturday but in the end on the professional development got me excited about teaching again.

The best part of the curriculum day was that our school hired a Pacific band and I just don't think any other curricular days anywhere else would end with 100 people dancing and singing. Only in Cali! 

s

No comments:

Post a Comment