This North American couple had been pack backing in this area about 15 years ago and well, never left. Since then they made a lodge that supports the community, education and water use. All of the structures are uniquelly crafted. There were composting toilets, wood fired sauna and hottob, a communal lodge for eating the family served vegeterian meals. There were gardens, animals and many trails for hiking. We stayed only three nights but could have easily stayed a week.
Met many interesting people from around the world, took beautiful hikes and relaxed.
This was one of the passive solar rooms, fitted with hammocks and unlimited tea and coffee.
This is the solar powered, hand made water slide, that draws water from a watering hole. It is called "The water slide of death" (you have got to love countries with out insurence issues and law suits) I personally love water slides but after watching one person scream as they slid down on a plastic sleeping mat wrapped in a tarp into freezing cold water....I had to say NO THANKS!
One of the bottle windows, the whole sauna was made of bottle construction too, making for really cool lighting.
The main deck looking over the Ande Mountains. You really felt like you were in the middle of no-where, something we actually like. And I think the most people they can have at the lodge is 20.
The front of the Lodge.
The Alpaca checking out my Alpaca scarf.
Our bed located on the third floor of the bunk house one bed looking out at the breath taking view.

Oh my Lord, this place looks amazing! I think I will have to go there sometime while I am here! I will need to get the info from you :) Love the photos!
ReplyDelete