Things I learned while we were there:
- Spring time sucks in New England, it is neither here nor there. Next visit will be in the summer when things are green and the sun is warmer.
- Change is inevitable- even though I have always craved change in my own life (moving every two years for the past 11) I always wanted everything outside of my control to stay the same. But despite my wishes people & places change.
- My "little" cousins are no longer little. They may be technically younger than me but are no longer smaller than me.
- I am passed the age when all my friends getting married and having kids. Rather, I am at the age where my friends have gotten married and have already had kids.
- Some friendships don't know the meaning of time and distance and can just pick back up where you left them. I am grateful for these.
- I need to start taking more pictures, I use to always have my camera. I would have loved to have some shots with my parents, family and friends and I didn't even have my camera. Life is more than just good scenic shots.
- I miss good beer and I much to my surprise I learned I don't like Guinness.
- I eat way less than I ever have in my life, I think Colombia shrunk my stomach. Here I eat food like a dog so needless to say I eat way less.
- I am an Aunty again!
- Lastly, when you are getting dressed to go to the airport and you put on socks with sandals and barely even wash your face because you are sure you won't see anyone...think again. When there is a direct flight from Florida to Cali Colombia there is a good chance half the flight will be made of students, parents and co-workers. And, yes it was.
Did aaron go with you?? and tell us more about being an "aunty again"
ReplyDeleteHi Anonymous,
ReplyDeleteYes Aaron came with and we were there for just a few days. While we were in Boston across the country in Washington Aarons sister gave birth to a baby boy. We will get to see him this summer in Alaska.