Monday, March 7, 2011

Park Anywhere.....

Like in the living room, or in the dinning room beneath the chandelier.  

I like to point out cultural oddities about places and that is why I must finally post something about Colombian Garages. 

It is not uncommon for people to park there cars in their house.(Of course rich people excluded) Usually there is a large garage door for the car to enter but then there is no gargae...you just pull right into the house. It is strange and can be uncomfortably smelly when first arriving in the house. But to be fair some are not as bad as others. 

However, last week when we all met at a friends cousin's house we were brought into the house and it was squishy...the car took up most of the house. There was a small walkway to the left of the car so you could pass into the bedrooms and move down toward the kitchen but the car was the main focal piece. It sat beneath the chandelier and it backed up right to the coffee table and sofa.I remember it being a van, it seemed huge. Aaron assured me it was just a car but that cars appear bigger when placed inside a small living room.  It was awkward and that is why I wanted to share it with you. 


Couldn't really bust out the camera and start taking picture of their living room/car port but here is an example below.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment