Thursday, December 3, 2009

Maid

During the orientation process when we first arrived we were told we were going to have maids. You can choose how many times you want your maid to come but it is a way that you can contribute to the local economy. At first I was apposed, the whole idea was so strange. A stranger in our house. Anyway what is there for her to do our house is 600 square feet?

But in the end I can't even imagine life with out Maria. She only comes once a week while we are at school. She is super sweet and she does everything. Washes, irons, cleans, cooks, she is amazing.


But I said all this to tell you my favorite part of having her is having her pre-cut fruits and vegetables. We had some friends over for thai food last night and when we got home this is what was waiting for us.....

All we had to do was cook it, this plus a clean house is heaven.


The dinner was delicious, a little different than normal since the coconut milk is not the same thickness as the kind that is sold in the cans at home. But still tasty. Good company, music, wine and food almost forgot is was only Wednesday.

Here is our friends baby sleeping while we ate....

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys- Pine Tree Staff wants to know how we can communicate with you! Dee is hopeless. And I can't figure this out either. HAppy Holidays-we love your blog BUT HELP us!!!! Robin

    ReplyDelete