Since we arrived people told us that the month of December is a month of partying in Cali, and well December first is here and it has begun.
Tonight was the first night that they lite the Christmas lights over the river, I will have to take photos because these people have put Clark W. Griswal to shame! I have never seen so many lights.
Tonight, the first, the month was brought in with fireworks, the lighting of the Christmas lights, a mariachi band at our neighbors and a tropical storm.
Next week is the day of the virgin, where everyone surrounds their houses with light candles, it is meant to be very beautiful. We will celebrate once at school on Friday and then again on the actual holiday Monday night. I have heard their will be a lot of gun powder...sounds loud!
Check out Aaron's video of tonights display of chaos....fireworks, thunder storm, sirens and the quintessential, annoying barking dog !
No comments:
Post a Comment