I asked my neighbor Enrique if he had ever heard the expression less is more (menos es mas) and he said he had and then I asked if they use it in Colombia. His response- have you seen the lights in the river?...what do you think. He is right, nothing about this culture is less is more, it is more like mas es mas, more is more.
Every Christmas the city decorates the river with Christmas lights and decorations and people from all over the city come to adore the river in all it's goddyness. Everyone told us how beautiful it is and how we HAD to see it and of course we would since we live a stones throw from the river. And well I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it is sure a sight to see and entertaining in many ways but I would describe the beauty as somewhere between Disney World and Vegas....but look for yourself.
Every Christmas the city decorates the river with Christmas lights and decorations and people from all over the city come to adore the river in all it's goddyness. Everyone told us how beautiful it is and how we HAD to see it and of course we would since we live a stones throw from the river. And well I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it is sure a sight to see and entertaining in many ways but I would describe the beauty as somewhere between Disney World and Vegas....but look for yourself.

Clouds over the water (this is about 5% of it, it goes forever!)
The flower section
I like to ride my bycyle, I like to ride my bike...
Arnold and Sophia (neighbors)



No comments:
Post a Comment